Thursday, April 8, 2021


 MDR BOOKKEEPING AND TAX SERVICES, LLC

Hello Everyone,

I am new to blogging and I thought I would start by introducing myself and my business! My name is Misty, and two years ago I began a new career in the tax preparation field. For seven years prior to that I was a small business owner in the crafting industry. To say I have a passion for small businesses is putting it mildly. That is what lead me to this business today. I found a love of bookkeeping and tax preparation, and a need to help other small businesses with this task. What a lot of folks find tedious, I truly enjoy! Thus, MDR Bookkeeping and Tax Services, LLC was born in March of this year to partner with other small businesses to help them with their business' financial health. 

There are many other interests that have a deep place in my heart. To get lost in the creative process is a joy. I began learning to sew last year, and enjoy seeing what comes of my imagination when I pick up a piece of fabric. There is such satisfaction in seeing things in your home that you make. I also still make candles, and a few of my own body care products. Reading and learning new things are a huge part of my being too. That is a good thing with all the changes that come each year in the tax field. 

My husband and I have been married for 19 years, and we have two spoiled rotten babies. Their names are Luna and Kiera. Luna is a chihuahua/ jack russell mix, and Kiera is a tiny little mix of multiple breeds. These two pretty much run our home, and our life revolves around them. We live in a rural area of North Carolina, and this was my birthplace. We met and married in Texas, and often talk about moving back there, maybe one day we will.

I am a pretty simple person, with a sometimes complicated mind. I am very introverted, and being social is a struggle for me. It is one of the things that can be considered my biggest weakness. Please, bear with the process as I learn to share with others, both here and on my social media sites. This process will take time and I invite you on the journey with me, to give pointers, encouragement, and even criticism when necessary. I also invite you to share your story with me. That is the best part, is learning other view points and gaining knowledge from others experiences.

The thing is desire most is to build collaborations with other small business owners, for my belief is strong that we are the backbone of this nation, and every nation. We are a special breed of people that believe in our community, helping others, and joining together when the hard times come. We sacrifice much with compassion and love, to offer our support to those in need. We lift up those we believe in at all times, and create the uniqueness that each town calls it's own. No two of us are alike, yet we are the same.

One last thing that might be important to know, at times I can ramble, I can go on and on. My mind usually is in a scramble that causes me to jump from subject to subject. If you find me hard to understand, please let me know. I will be happy to try and explain, and will learn as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Can a Bookkeeper Do for You?

How Much Time Do You Have?     Are you looking for someone that gives you back the time you spend with bookkeeping chores? Would you like to...